Recruitment Letter (pdf)
For more than 40 years, Youth Services Agencies throughout Oklahoma have provided community based services such as counseling, shelter and other vital programs to children, youth and families in the child welfare system. We are proud to announce that many of our agencies are now offering Oklahoma Bridge Resource Family (Foster Care) recruitment and support services.
There are over 10,000 abused and neglected children in Oklahoma who need care and they need your help. Please consider becoming a foster parent today! For those who partner with us and become a part of our network, we ask that you embrace the following goals:
Every foster child deserves:
• A safe, comfortable place to live.
• Help with their educational needs and to participate in activities.
• Assistance throughout the adjustment process as a result of being removed from their home.
• Consistent, practical support and guidance.
• To be made a part of your family.
Biological parents deserve:
• Facilitated visitation with their children in foster care (if appropriate).
• To be shown appropriate parenting communication and behavior.
• Information about their child’s growth and development.
Your family deserves:
• Assistance in becoming certified.
• Training to help deal with any of your foster child’s challenges and to meet program requirements.
• Support to help you be a successful foster family.
• Reasonable compensation to cover the foster child’s basic needs.
You will be required to:
• Communicate any problems, child’s progress, or other issues that may arise.
• Be available for meetings and calls concerning the foster child or biological parents.
• Comply with all state regulations.
We pledge to help you meet these goals, by providing you with 24-hour support. Our support includes case management services designed to help you navigate the child welfare system, respite care to give you a break, and other coordinated programming to help your family be successful caring for and supporting the foster children in your home.
Of the 42 Designated Youth Services Agencies throughout Oklahoma, 17 are certified to provide foster care recruitment and support services. Please help Oklahoma’s most vulnerable population – our abused and neglected children. To become a foster family, please contact one of the following agencies in a county near you.
|Southwestern Youth Services||123 West Commerce||Altus||580-482-2809|
|Northwest Family Services||620 Flynn||Alva||
|Community Children’s Center||15 Monroe NE||Ardmore||
|Southwest Youth and Family Services||198 E. Almar Drive||Chickasha||
|Multi-County Youth Service Center||600 Avant||Clinton||
|Youth and Family Services||7565 E. Highway 66||El Reno||
|Youth and Family Services of N. Central OK||605 West Oxford||Enid||
|Logan Community||4710 S. Division||Guthrie||
|Panhandle Services for Children||216 NW 4th Street||Guymon||
|Great Plains Youth and Family Services||901 S. Broadway||Hobart||
|Choctaw/Pushmataha County Youth Services||
101 W. Jefferson
|Kiamichi Youth Services||412 South Central||Idabel||
|Youth Emergency Shelter||904 N. 9th Street||McAlester||
|Northern OK Youth Service Center and Shelter||2203 N. Ash||
|McClain/Garvin County Youth and Family Center||118 S. 2nd Avenue||Purcell||
|Youth Services of Creek County||1025 East Grayson||Sapulpa||
|Payne County Youth Services||2224 W. 12th Street||Stillwater||